A lot of people are concerned about the worst impacts on the environment being produced every single second. Certain things are responsible such as industrial wastes, fossil fuels, plastics wastes, transportation, etc. However, most people didn’t do anything about that only because of lack of knowledge & the fear to think that they are alone & can’t do anything by themselves.
People could start many things to improve the environment’s health. It can even start from home, or you could be gone more narrow & can begin with your kitchen. Creating the kitchen eco-friendly, the journey begins from having green food but does not end with food. There are a lot of things, or eco-friendly products for kitchen are present.
Looking forward to making the kitchen environmentally friendly. But, Have No idea where to start? How to do it?
Suppose these questions are also dizzying in your mind. Then, this guide will indeed prove beneficial for everyone who wants to go towards sustainability in the kitchen by changing a few kitchen activities & products in their kitchen.
By dint of this, you will get to know various things about Eco-friendly kitchens, why we need to use Eco-friendly products. Moreover, the post is enough to clear all queries related to Plastic-free kitchen products.
What do you mean by an eco-friendly kitchen?
Eco-friendly kitchens differ from traditional kitchens in many criteria; they are designed by looking at the environment’s health & try to use those things created from waste, can be recycled easily & produce less waste.
Once humans start adding products or living habits, that will not become the cause of harming the environment. That type of kitchen is considered an eco-friendly kitchen.
In other words, if we approach a zero-waste lifestyle in the kitchen and put efforts to produce less waste or all produced waste are reused in other work whether it is water wastage, electric energy, vegetable & fruits peels. It means the zero waste kitchen is successfully built at home.
Few tips people could follow to make the kitchen eco-friendly
- Buy kitchen stuff in bulk
- Start using compost bins
- Use chemical-free detergents
- Collect kitchen water in containers & reuse it for other work, like in toilets, gardens
- Avoid utensils made from plastic
- Use of reusable & biodegradable bags
- Grow herbs in the kitchen (Coriander, Mint, Basil, Dill, etc.)
5 Reasons Why Should Enlarge The Use of Eco-friendly Kitchen Products
People are going green even then they are finding the answer of why we should use eco-friendly products, how it affects our surroundings & make it beneficial for our planet.
Hence, if you’re one of them who doesn’t know what precisely eco-friendly is & not aware of the importance of eco-friendly products at this moment. Then you should read five reasons why people should enlarge the use of eco-friendly products to inspire them to use more sustainable kitchen products.
Let me introduce this in the first position. I’ve mentioned this first because I feel it is essential for every person’s life which people look & think many times before purchasing any item, i.e., is money.
How amazing it would be if you would get a chance to save money only by swapping your daily used kitchen products.
Don’t be shocked because it’s true.
Let me tell all individuals that there are specific ways to save money by going green & that is just switching to biodegradable products.
Eco-friendly products for the kitchen are designed for the long run. However, sustainable kitchen products seem expensive. But in the long run, if you compare natural products with daily used non-biodegradable products, you will realize the difference.
As we know this is the world where people copied each other. If some people will start using environmentally friendly products in their kitchen, then by looking at this more individuals will start to buy Eco-friendly products for the kitchen.
When people would start taking benefits of compostable kitchen products or boosting the demand for eco-products, it will directly increase the growth of the green business, which majorly influences the country’s economy & rise it.
Hence, In that case, More countries & their citizens go towards green business & start it, which will make the planet healthier & pollution-free.
Everyone is aware of the problems yielding due to plastic wastes. That is the biggest reason why we should use Eco-friendly products for the kitchen.
Tons of plastic wastes are produced every day in the world & a maximum percentage of them are not recycled or reused by anyone, which will negatively impact the environment. Hence, It will become a cause of ocean pollution, soil, and air pollution. And also Affect animals, humans, marine life, etc.
There are so many NGOs, startups and individuals, who are continuously working on protecting the environment, spreading awareness in societies to keep the surroundings clean, not throwing garbage anywhere, and using organic waste to convert into compost.
You can also do it at your home & become a part of those working on protecting the planet, or if you want, you can join any NGO’s as a volunteer & learn various things about the environment.
Suppose you have been finding the options of eco-friendly products for the kitchen. Here I took for you a list of 18 spectacular eco-friendly products for the kitchen that will perfectly replace your non-biodegradable items used in the kitchen. I characterized this into five groups.
The first category of eco-friendly kitchen products is paper towels. They are also known for numerous names like paper tissues, napkins, or kitchen rolls. A mixture makes paper tissue rolls of natural materials that are collected from several plants.
These products are best for the kitchen because it is specially designed by focusing on water-absorbent property. Generally, if people use any tissue to clean the surface in the kitchen, that will break, which is not good enough, which isn’t seen in these paper towels.
Presto Paper Towels/Tissue
- This paper towel contains six large rolls, i.e., equal to 15 regular rolls & they are strong & absorbent in the property so not easily broken while cleaning; Paper towel could be used in the kitchen, bathroom, toilets, etc.
- Brand says the presto paper tissues are made by the pulp of sustainable forests.
- They are proud of their all products & give money-back guarantee to their customers.
Solimo towel paper roll
- This Paper tissue roll is made of natural virgin paper
- Provide softness touch
- They have a highly absorbent property
- It could be used in food touching.
- Six regular rolls come in 1 packet.
Beco reusable kitchen towel
- The brand says it could replace 60 regular paper rolls because of its reusable feature.
- These paper rolls are washable in the machine & could be used 100 times.
- They are washable, strong, soft & extremely high in absorption.
- Helps to save money because this one roll works, equal to 60 conventional paper tissues.
- Beco paper towels are environment friendly & chemical-free.
- Through this paper towel, it reduces more than 3000 tons of tissue waste each day.
- Protect the environment & encourage to use of naturally made items.
Origami kitchen towel
- Washable & reusable
- It could be used in the kitchen as a towel
- Soft in touch
- Contain liquid absorbing property
Cutting boards are the most common item used in the kitchens, but what people don’t know is they also come in materials that don’t affect the environment.
Multiple options are available in the market of wooden/bamboo cutting boards are
Bulfyss bamboo/wood chopping/cutting board
- The chopping board is made of bamboo trees, which is 100% biodegradable
- It could be used for cutting, chopping, slicing.
- In manufacturing, it does not contain any toxic chemicals
- Easily washable with mild soap & water
Green Mile organic bamboo chopping board
- Bamboo is used as raw material to build the chopping board
- It comes with a high durability feature so a high pressure knife will not easily affect the board.
- Have wood colour which boosts the looks & makes it more attractive.
KitchenFest kitchen chopping board
- Provide a better cutting, chopping experience on the board
- Could be used for all hard & soft food items, fruits, vegetables.
- The brand gives surety that it is a BPA (Bisphenol A) free product.
- The design comes with great finishing, is knife friendly and also provides a holding space.
Hokipo® bamboo wooden cutting board
- The brand offers a premium quality bamboo made cutting board at a cheap price.
- Easy to clean & hold
- Hokipo wooden cutting rectangular boards come in three different sizes: Medium, Large & Extra large.
- The board has a stylish thick design because of that it becomes longer life product.
At present maximum food comes in plastic packets, containers & polythene. Even at home people store their foods in plastic boxes, Through this, we could see so much waste around us which are not compostable, and for sure, it is gradually destroying, surroundings, living beings & human health. But it could be stopped by the use of plastic-free containers/bags.
Leafyganic eco-friendly reusable storage bags
- These storage bags are biodegradable and safe for the environment
- Made of cotton net fabric which provides transparency means don’t need to open to check.
- It uses for storing food items and keep them fresh for a long time.
- They are reusable, washable, Eco-friendly.
Beddify reusable fridge storage bags
- They are completely washable & environment friendly
- Available in different sizes
- These cotton bags come in the set 12 bags which has different sizes of bags 4 large size bags, 4 medium size & 4 small size bags.
Flip & tumble reusable vegetable bags
- 100 percent natural cotton vegetable storage fridge bags
- These bags doesn’t contains
- Comes 10 bags in one set
- Colour: off white
- Have 4.5 rating on
As we discussed several topics in the post, like what is the eco-friendly kitchen, the list of zero waste kitchen products & why we should use these sustainable products
These all points are targeted on only one thing, i.e., to protect the environment. However, Don’t forget that the most crucial thing in environmental protection is the 3R’s of waste management, which consists of reduce, reuse & recycle. Consequently, if people follow 3R effectively, it will decrease the harmful effects on the environment many times.
We expect this knowledge will prove helpful for you & inspire you a lot to go & buy Eco-friendly products for the kitchen. You can also go with a few products we discussed above.